I’m reading a great new e-book from Tony Morgan called “Taking the Lid Off Your Church: 6 Steps to Building a Healthy Senior Leadership Team.” ($2.99 at Amazon!). I’d like to share with you the seven questions he says you should ask when considering a new person for the team:
- Do they have leadership gifts?
- Are they big-picture thinkers?
- Are they strategic thinkers?
- Can they build teams?
- Do they share the vision and values of your organization?
- Do they help us reflect the diversity of our ministry?
- Are they lifelong learners?
Great questions! I’d recommend you buy Tony’s book and give it a thorough read. If you don’t have a Kindle, don’t worry … you can download a free Kindle app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet.