The “official” (not that there is an unofficial) website of Church Planters of the Rockies is up and live. I was commissioned to design the site and did a soft launch back in January. In putting it together, I had the following goals:
- Presenting CPR in a modern and professional way
- Serving as a conduit of information between partner churches and church planters
- Recruiting potential church planters
- Raising awareness of church planting in general
- Providing resources to new and existing churches
For the nerds out there, the site was designed using Joomla 1.5, my bread-and-butter content management system for the last ten years or so (back when it was first Mambo). I had narrowed it down to Joomla or WordPress, but in the end felt that WordPress was a little limited. As a CMS, WordPress has come a long way but still has a few liabilities in terms of being able to do certain things.
As we expand the site, we’ll add online giving features, self-assessment forms for prospective planters, social media feeds, video, and more.
So … check it out! www.churchplanters.cc