Yesterday’s post about Max Lucado made me think of other books that influenced my thinking and behavior as a young believer. I’ll share the list below. Some may not mean anything to you; it’s likely you may not have heard of a few of the authors. That’s probably more indicative of my experience than your’s. These were the books I needed to read.
So … here it goes (in no particular order):
- I Just Want to be a Christian by Rubel Shelly
- Discipleship: The Multiplying Ministry by Milton Jones
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Power for Living by Jamie Buckingham
- The Cruciform Church by Leonard Allen
- The Worldly Church by Leonard Allen
- The Master Plan of Evangelism by Robert Coleman
How about you? What were the books that influenced your faith development?
If you’ve never seen the movie about C.S. Lewis, I’d recommend it. Click the picture below to buy the DVD from Best Buy.